



Wow is time going fast and so much has happened. Carrie and Brock had their baby June 1 a sweet little girl, Brooklynn. I was trying to be so strong not being there. We skyped and I was there via the Internet, which was a HUGE blessing for me,but when she finally had her I broke down and just held on to Kris. All the sisters that were in the humanitarian center cried with me. They have been a big support to me. This last week was our first taste of the upcoming summer months and can I tell ya it's going to be BUSY! We had our first assignments, we told the Willie Story for two groups (one group of 65 and one of 250)and then we did the long women's pull for both of them as well (that's talking to them about women pulling their own loads and honoring the priesthood and walking up the pull with them) it was so great. We did a river crossing talk (for a group of 350)and then we did a Ephraim Hanks and Thisbe Read presentation ( for a group of 50), not to mention the square dancing. This coming week we are doing another River/Pebble talk (for 250) and then we get to do the pony express and deliver mail to a youth group. The Sweetwater River is high right now and we have had to adjust the river crossings. Kris has been doing a lot of welding for projects on the new visitor center and I have been busy sewing. I can say I know how to really sew now and quilt. Things are going well, we spend our
p-days in Riverton or Lander and then we go rock hunting. We bought a rock tumbler and I can't wait to see how they come out. I can tell you one thing, the Lord is truly with is here when we are with the youth! Kris and I both have been prompted to say things and give stories that are needed for these youth and leaders. The pictures are random Kris and I in our trail dress, yes I do wear a cowboy hat on occation. Also us with Andrew Olsen the author of "The Price we Paid" and a picture with my cousins who are serving at Martins Cove. Did I mention I never knew them before we came here? They are from the Openshaw line he is from Samuel and I am from Mary Ann, tender mercy we are both serving at these sites.

1 comment:
Yay finally an update :) I think that is awesome you met the author of that book I read it at night when I am feeding Brookie I loove it! It was hard you not being there for brookie's birth but I know what you guys are doing is right and our family is being blessed because of it. Love you guys
Post a Comment