Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Week Three and Four at 6th Crossing

The training and firesides we have had have been amazing! We had a wonderful fireside with Andrew Olsen the man who wrote "The Price we Paid" got my book signed and pictures with him. On Monday we took an amazing CES (Church Education System) tour all day and then went back to the cove for dinner. Seems like all we do is eat. I walked the trail where my relatives pulled their handcarts, I saw the ruts in the rock that were made by the handcarts, such a touching moment in my life. If anyone ever gets to Casper you have to visit the Wyoming Interpretive Museum it is amazing! We also stopped at Bessemer Bed, I have met a couple who are serving at Martins Cove who are relatives of Samuel Openshaw, my great-grandmother Mary Ann Openshaw's brother. That is pretty cool we are both serving up here. We will exchange genealogy before we go home. I have been sewing like crazy, making things without patterns, I can barely sew with a pattern so it's pretty cool. Today May 19, it has been snowing ALL day. Where is spring? The Sweetwater is getting really high too. The trekkers start coming in two weeks. We are going home for two days, I have a doctor appointment to have my lung xrayed. I had a spot on one lung and the doc wants to make sure it is not changing, I am sure it's fine. It will be great to see the kids. Carrie is due in three weeks so she could have the baby at any time now, I got skype all hooked up so I can be in the delivery room! They got the new visitors center framed and the logs were delivered today so they will start putting the logs up next week. Kris and I have to speak in sacrament meeting on May 29th, not looking forward to that! Whats cool in our prayer meetings every morning is each couple had a turn of giving the Willies story and some one reads from the Willies Journal each day. So today they read what was going on May 19,1856. Tomorrow it will be May 20 and so on. It really gets you in the spirit of the pioneers, of where they were at and what they were going through 155 years ago to the day and what faith and obedience they had. Truely amazing!

1 comment:

G and G (Victor/ Cindy) said...

So excited to hear about your adventures. Every time I read your blog or your FB entry, it reminds me of 4 years ago when Victor and I were a Ma and Pa with the Stake on the Trek. What an experience I will never forget for the rest of my life. Keep up the Lord's work ---- ((hugs)) take care love ya