
We are here and I think finally settled, until the wind gusts hit and then we wonder where we will be when we look out our "prairie home" ( 5Th wheel) window! Wow has it been an experience so far. Tons of training, meetings and some awesome firesides and presentations so far. We at Willies are building a new visitors center and the men have been working so hard on it as well as putting in new "potties" in the new campground. The women have been busy making quilts and all kinds of things in the humanitarian center. Kris has been appointed over the audio-visual equipment. I have been appointed to over see the organization of sisters going in to Riverton to make lunch at the homeless shelter twice a month. We have trekked at Willies over three miles on Thursday and then at Martins Cove we trekked 5 1/2 miles. We also did a women's pull at both sites. I was ready for our P-day Saturday!! It is a sight to see so many "older" men and women pulling handcarts. I hope to get some pictures posted soon, however our Internet here has limited download capabilities unless you download between midnight and 6:00am......We are so tired when we get done with things we are in bed early! We have FHE every Monday night and game night on Sunday nights and we are getting together eating ALL the time, I came up here hoping to lose weight, I will be surprised if that happens. We have not even missed having TV. Oh and the camp dog "willie" (hmmm wonder why he was named that) anyway willie has adopted us, he sleeps outside our trailer, I am sure it has nothing to do with the fact Kris bought him hot dogs and is feeding him. We go in to either Riverton (37 miles) or Lander (39 miles) for groceries. Walmart is in Riverton that's the "hangout" for us missionaries. We go to church at the Martins Cove Branch at Martins Cove, we have to drive about 67 miles one way to church.

4 comments:
Yay finally a post! I love and miss you guys I'm so proud of what you guys are doing thanks for being such great examples to our family and others around you! Xoxo
Sounds like such a great adventure. I bet it will be even more awesome when those youth groups come through. What a neat experience you get to share together.
Oh Sandy it sounds exciting!!! So good to hear about it. Kind of like when we experienced Alaska. LOVE IT!!
Post a Comment