
Just a few pic's and journal from our Grey's River Wyoming Vacation. We left home on Friday , August 7th, a day before the others and traveled to Soda Springs Idaho where we stopped to get gas at a maverick. Kris got back in the suburban and it wouldn't turn over....so...he worked on it until it started.....luckily he is a really

good mechanic and can fix almost anything. We drove to Alpine Wyoming and spent the night at a RV park...our last night of civilization for a week. By the way the suburban wouldn't start again when we stopped at the RV park. . but Kris got it going...again.
Yes it was cold!

We headed out for Grey's River Saturday morning and it started to rain, and that was okay because it meant less dusty roads. Our GPS (Birdie as we call her) said we had 42 miles (of dirt roads) til the ranger cabin. My daughter and son-in-law rented the ranger cabin for the week. We usually take 110 gallons of water up with us because I HAVE to shower and shave my legs everyday! (I know TMI). There was running water at the ranger cabin this year, so our load was much lighter. The drive in was so beautiful. Kris decided to stop and check things out and turned off the engine and well guess what...yup..it wouldn't start. It was pouring rain and he had to get out and get it going... again. We got to the ranger cabin, and the rest of the group who left home Saturday morning came in a different direction got there about 10 minutes after we did. We had a great week of eating and fishing and reading (thanks Lois Lovell for the great book you loaned me) and hiking up to a beautiful lake, I might add STRAIGHT UP a mile and a half to the lake! The deer were at camp every night and most mornings. The cabin had a shower but the toilet was broke so everyone else had to use the outhouse. I was thankful for my trailer.


The deer wanted to join us for breakfast!

On our way out we got a flat tire....and the jack broke, but knowing Kris he brought another jack with us, he can fix or "McGuiver" anything!!! We lost one of the stabilizer jacks to the trailer, but our daughter was behind us and found it and picked it up for us, rough road out!! We came home and cleaned the trailer and washed clothes and then Kris and I went to Crystal Hot Springs and camped there for another four days. All the kids and grand kids came up on Sunday afternoon for dinner and I made tacos, it was fun. We finally got home Monday August 17th. Ten nights in the trailer was fun but I am so glad to be home, even though I had a trillion voice mails and e-mails to come home to!! Kris and I really had a great time!
1 comment:
Ya I am def glad you guys are home too! :)
Post a Comment